[LGM] Call for participants: Collective Conditions / Conditions Collectives / Gezamenlijke Omstandigheden

Femke Snelting snelting at collectifs.net
Thu Jun 27 09:00:25 UTC 2019

[apologies for cross-posting, please forward!]

*Collective Conditions*
Constant worksession / Brussels, 8-16 November 2019
Deadline for applications: 10 September

Collective Conditions experiments with the generative potential of codes of conduct, complaints procedures, bug reports and copyleft licenses. We understand these socio-technical protocols as artistic and activist media and are curious about the role they can play in the (different) imagination of complex collectivities.

By ’complex collectivity’ we mean, for example, non-normative human constellations, or collectives where participants with radically different needs, backgrounds and agencies come together. ’Complex collectivity’ can be self-chosen, or be the result of structural forces such as laws, racism, technology, wars, austerity, queerphobia and ecological conditions.

We will work with different modes of ’writing’ that go beyond typing protocols on a keyboard. We invite you to experiment with codes, rhythms, frequencies, scripts, scores and non-verbal agreements that regulate, challenge, stumble and collide; that pose questions and problems. We'll articulate conditions using time, material, bodies, spaces, machines, habits, repetition and chance.

More: http://constantvzw.org/site/Call-for-participants-Collective-Conditions.html