[LGM] Registration for two LGM workshops

Aude Poilroux ap at k8.design
Tue May 14 11:17:14 UTC 2019

Dear LGM community,

The registration to the LGM workshops, BoF and meetings will happen when
you arrive to LGM. However, two persons leading a workshop need to get in
contact with the workshop attendees before LGM:

*Thursday, 30.05., 14:00Developing nature photographs with Open Source
software with Anna Simon*Contact: simonanna at gmx.net

*With the help of a selection of my recent photographs I would like to
demonstrate how I use Open Source software to develop landscape, macro and
animal shots. The focus will be on RawTherapee which I use for developing
about 90% of my photographs. Nature photography is highly color and
noise-senstive, but Open Source software has developed professional tools
for fixing problems that frequently occur in this kind of photography. The
module that I use most often in RT is the Lab-module for adjusting and
fine-tuning color and contrast. But the most ingenious tools in RT are
probably the modules for adjusting sharpness and noise. It is crucial to
find the right balance between sharpening (unsharp mask, contrast by detail
levels) and the sliders and curves for gamma, luminance noise and details
recovery in the noise reduction module. Indeed it is possible to produce
high-ISO-shots (ISO3200 and more with micro four thirds cameras) that are
even accepted by stock photography agencies. Here I would also like to have
a quick look at Krita in order to explore what RawTherapee is doing „under
the hood“. For some of my photos I use darktable since with this program
and its masking capabilities it is possible to create highly complex
manipulations.*

*Sunday, 02.06., 11:45Lantern workshop*
Contact: simon-lgm at budig.de

*In this workshop we’ll create small decorative light objects which can
react to external triggers.The goal is to use a short length of LED strip
with individually controlled LED lights. A small microcontroller-board will
be programmed to show different light patterns on the LED strip and might
be extended in the future to react to network and/or sensor based
triggers.Participants don’t need previous experience. They need to be
willing to learn about soldering and programming, some experience in making
things is helpful.*
Contribution to material costs: 30€/person

If you want to attend to one of these workshop, please contact the workshop
leader.

Best regards

Aude Poilroux
Projektmanagerin

*Coordination, Gestion de projets*K8 Institut für strategische Ästhetik
Tel: +49 681 84 492 069
Mobil: +49 176 228 228 63
www.k8.design

*Büroadresse:*