[LGM] Cancel LGM please

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 18:14:26 UTC 2020

On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 9:01 PM Jehan wrote:

> Now after that, whether local organizers would prefer to transform it
> into an online-only event or move it instead to 2021, I'd say it's up to
> them to decide what they prefer. I would prefer a physical LGM at Rennes
> next year, but that's just my personal opinion.

I do genuinely believe that organizers of LGM2020 have a list of
people who already registered to attend, with emails. How about they
email those people and ask? Also, ask whether they would be fine with
the online option instead.

IMO, that's vastly better than having an argument over which
non-medical non-expert among us is right about the pandemic situation
in 1.5 months.

Also, in case of canceling the event, people wouldn't lose as much
money in terms of tickets, hotel reservations etc.

Alex