[LGM] Losing Lena screening at LGM

ginger coons ginger at adaptstudio.ca
Wed May 6 14:03:00 UTC 2020

On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 9:54 AM Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:

> On 5/6/20 9:11 AM, Antonio Roberts wrote:
> > Hi Tobias,
> >
> >> I don't think LGM should engage in politics, so if you want to screen
> that film
> >> you should do so in an open and balanced discussion and not as a
> statement
> >> that people could consider to be the view of the LGM participants.
> >
> > By this do you mean that, if I wanted it to be screened at LGM, I
> > should organise this under my own name? Of course I'd be happy to do
> > this.
> >

> I tend to agree with Tobias. I don't understand what the point/purpose of
> this is in the context of LGM. After watching the trailer, I have no desire
> to see the film, or discuss it to any significant degree. I think everyone
> can already say that they're in favor of, against, or don't care about the
> point of the film.

Lena has come up as a topic at LGM before. And there's value in engaging
with the ethics of the choices we make. As with anything at LGM, some
people will be interested and others won't. We're not one monolithic
identity, we're a relatively diverse community. And for those who haven't
thought about this, maybe it would be an eye-opener.

-g

--
ginger "all-lower-case" coons