[LGM] [CREATE] Poll about LGM 2021

doctormo at gmail.com doctormo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 16:44:51 UTC 2021

On Thu, 2021-02-18 at 16:25 +0100, Halla Rempt wrote:
> Yes, even before covid I was already really disturbed by bringing in
> so many people from all over the world by plane. Videoconferencing is
> a really, really difficult thing for me, I get headaches in under an
> hour, but still... The technology is getting better and better (just
> look at fosdem or worldcon), and I just cannot imagine being in a
> single, ill-ventilated room with two hundred people anymore.

I'm imagining a far future scenario (sorry to de-rail this
conversation) where I go to MIT and ask them for a smaller single room
for the weekend. Then people nearby travel up to and hang out with some
large screens mirroring a room over in Europe somewhere. Conversations
happen, we see the talks, but aren't isolated at home and get some of
that sweet social interaction that helps these kinds of projects.

All the fun of the fair, none of the air fare fur.

Martin,