[LGM] Discussion on LGM 2022

Larisa Blazic lab_web at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 27 09:41:21 UTC 2021

Hi all,

Hope all are well. I'm following up on the call for 2022 hosts, but
really because I've been watching this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwdbifITAcM

on fiscal hosting, thinking whether this may be a way fwd for LGM's
funding futures...

Looking fwd to hearing your responses.

Bestest,

Lara

On 30/05/2021 8:33 pm, Timothée Giet wrote:
> Le 30/05/2021 à 20:25, Gregory Pittman a écrit :
>> On 5/30/21 10:05 AM, Eylul wrote:
>>> LGM is discussing plans for the 2022 event.
>>>
>>> An in-person meeting shall be possible, but some uncertainty remains about how many people shall be able to attend given lingering effects from
> public health crises and restrictions. We have had a discussion and some ideas drafted during the meeting, but if you would like to join the discussion we have an ether pad at
>>> https://etherpad.gnome.org/p/lgm_2022_host_call <https://etherpad.gnome.org/p/lgm_2022_host_call>
>>>
>>> A tentative plan to put out an open call for proposals in September 2021 was discussed.
>> Out of courtesy, it would seem justifiable to solicit feedback from Pathum Egodawatta of the Sri Lanka local team about whether they had still planned to have the next LGM there.
>>
>> Greg Pittman
> We already had a message during the meeting from LohanG of the local
> team who submitted the proposal to host in Sri Lanka saying:
>
> "we are "still in the middle of the pandemic, and in a lockdown
> situation. The upward curve of the spread seems to continue.
> Universities are closed. We still don't know how things will resume at
> the proposed venue (University of Moratuwa) next year. Same applies to
> the overall situation in the country by this time next year. I think
> some other
> team or the core group might have a better solution for 2022. We will
> submit a proposal in the future when we are confident that things are
> back on track. We are really sorry about this, it is beyond our control
> at the moment"
>
> Timothée

https://e-w-n-s.net/
http://duf.tools/