[Libreoffice-qa] automation tool for smoke test qa. (alpha)

Yifan Jiang yfjiang at novell.com
Fri Aug 5 01:37:48 PDT 2011

Hi wolfgang,

On Thu, Aug 04, 2011 at 02:20:08PM +0200, wolfgang pechlaner wrote:
>>      2. Unpack it to, for example, /tmp/
> i install every build in an user directory.

Sure it doesn't give any negative impact, the /tmp/ directory is simply an
example.

>>      4. In the terminal, input (there's an Enter between each lines):
>>
>>          su -
>>          (enter your root password when it prompts)
>>          cp /etc/sudoers /etc/sudoers.ori
>>          echo "$USER ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL">>  /etc/sudoers
>>          exit
> is this realy necessary.

Since the script will try to install the package using 'rpm -U', for which a
root user previledge is a necessary. Do you have better idea for this?

> I will not overwrite my productive suite.

If there're existed libreoffice3.4 on your system, it will be removed before
installation because of rpm installation conflict.

This is not a problem with the script however, the daily build does not
distinguish the installation directory and package pattern from those in
official build (your existed productivity suite) :( So even with manual
installation of the packages, people have to remove previously installed
conflict packages.

On the other hand, we can use things like rpm2cpio to workaround the problem
by extracting content from rpm/deb packages to different without change rpm
database, but it isn't an ordinary user usually does. IMHO, ideally the script
should act as an end-user's behavior as much as possible.

So I'd like to see how many people would concern much about this before
implementing a workaround parallel installation :)

Btw, in the original mail, [Known issue].3. mentions this as well:

[Known issue]

   3. Parallel installation with official build has a dependancy on Tinderbox
      improvement (the dev-build is ideally to be installed on something like
      /opt/lo-dev).

I am not sure how many QA will concern this problem,

Best wishes,
Yifan