[Libreoffice-qa] LibO 3.5.0 Beta 0 First assessment

Pedro Lino pedlino at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 04:25:47 PST 2011

> I think the latest Master builds before Beta has been splitted were
> in an acceptable shape for a Beta.

I have just uninstalled Beta0 because I need my 3.4.4 functional. Not
only because I actually use it to WORK but I also need some comparison
to check for regressions...

Is it reasonable to admit that the all current changes in master will
be in Beta1? If so, using master~2011-12-02_22.36.35_libodev35 from
Win-x86 at 6-fast as a replacement for Beta0 is acceptable?

> Currently we have
>
> 43454 Break-off with message "Terminate Quick Starter"
> 43455 Installer partly localized
> 43461 LibO 3.5.0 Beta0 doesn't install in my Windows 2008 R2 64 bits
> 43462 findAll doesn't work
> 43485 FILESAVE: brings up unexpected "file has been changed" message
> With Version Beta0, 43461, 43462, have not been checked concerning "real
> Version",
>
> 43383 FILEOPEN: via Hyperlink from document does not work
>  also is "somehow" beta related.

I can't test x64 or any problems specific to Windows versions newer
than XP Pro SP3.

Interestingly while unpacking the master build using msiexec /a I got
the unopkg.bin error and then again during installation itself. I will
add this information to the bug report.

Cheers,
Pedro