[Libreoffice-qa] LibO 3.5.0 Beta 0 First assessment

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Sat Dec 3 06:49:23 PST 2011

Hi Rainer,

On Sat, 2011-12-03 at 08:42 +0100, Rainer Bielefeld wrote:
> it's a disaster, completely unusable ! Quality of Beta0 is far behind
> quality of Master during the last weeks, it seems that we were not lucky
> with the time where the tag has been created

	Quite quite :-) so Beta1 will be much better. And given the state of
Beta 0 - treating it as the quiet practise run it is (rather than
announcing it widely) seems to be the best policy ...

> Shit happens, now the question is how we will go on. I am afraid we have
> to go the hare way and to find and fix all bugs, or is there any other
> possibility to try a new chance?

	Well - we've fixed a number of the most obvious packaging bugs,
parallel installability etc. etc. in master - so (without further new
problems - of which we expect some up to the freeze) Beta1 will be
rather better.

	Of course it is still -very- early in the schedule:

	http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleasePlan/3.5

	We still have 6 releases over two months in order to fix up the misc.
quality issues to get this right enough for a good point-zero
release :-)

	So - beta 1 is due next week; until then perhaps using the master
builds is a good plan (if they're better - they will turn into Beta1
anyway).

	Thanks for testing ! and sorry if it caused some grief.

	All the best,

		Michael.