[Libreoffice-qa] RESET - BACK button text and function interchanged

Rainer Bielefeld LibreOffice at bielefeldundbuss.de
Sun Dec 4 09:07:02 PST 2011

Pedro Lino schrieb:

> The function "Back" doesn't make any sense. If the idea is to Undo the
> values that you changed and you haven't Saved then you already have
> the Cancel button.

Hi Pedro,

No, I disagree. Some dialogs have varioust TABs, and if you only want to
undo edits in one of them, it's nice to have the Back button; after a
"Cancel" you would have to do again the edits you need.

> I think this is a complex decision and that the UX people should be
> involved.

Of course you can start a discussion, but
- I believe these buttons have been already been discussed in "god old"
   OOo times, and currently I do not see necessity for a general review
   (although some (very few) of the buttons might be inexpedient)
- as long as we do not have a new decision UI and help should be
   consistent and correct for current "state of the art".

Best regards

Rainer