[Libreoffice-qa] [Libreoffice] [ANNOUNCE] Branch libreoffice-3-5 created

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Mon Dec 12 06:45:25 PST 2011

Rainer Bielefeld píše v Po 12. 12. 2011 v 13:52 +0100:
> Petr Mladek schrieb:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > as promised, we have created a branch for the stabilization of the
> > 3.5.x releases, called 'libreoffice-3-5'. It is based on master, last
> > pull on December 6, 2011 at about 13pm UTC. See also the tag
> > libreoffice-3-5-branch-point.
>
> Hello,
>
> I am a little concerned what happened with fixes between branch and
> today. I believe most of later fixes will be cherry picked to 3.5Beta,
> but may be we have to check that additionally for fixes of the last days?
> Bugs
> <https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?chfield=resolution&chfieldfrom=2011-12-05&chfieldto=2011-12-13&chfieldvalue=FIXED&list_id=24678&product=LibreOffice&query_format=advanced&order=changeddate%2Cbug_id%20DESC&query_based_on=>
> with fixes from 2011-12-05 to 2011-12-05 might be affected.

Every developer who fix a bug is responsible for pushing the fix into
all appropriate branches (master, libreoffice-3-5, or even older
branches). We do not do any regular merges between branches. Also we do
not have any dedicated person who would take care of this.

The idea is that people are responsible. Authors of fixes know most
details about them. They could best decide how the fix is important,
dangerous, and where it is needed. If they are unsure, they could always
ask for review and opinion from other developers on irc or the mailing
list.

Of course, people do mistakes. They might underestimate the importance
or just forgot to push a fix. In this case, I expect that the reporter
will complain that a fix is still missing. We have many betas, release
candidates, and bug fix releases, so there are many possibilities to add
the fix later.

Best Regards,
Petr