[Libreoffice-qa] [Libreoffice] split links, word import issue?

Pedro Lino pedlino at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 03:50:13 PST 2011

>> I created a document xx.odt with a link.  Then I saved the link as
>> xx.doc.  Then opened xx.doc and found that the single original link was
>> split into several links, each link for one word or space from the
>> original link label (see xx3.odt).
>>
>> It looks like the algorithm for word import should collapse text nodes
>> (ranges) that have the same link attribute.
>>
>> This issue was already in OpenOffice 3.1.1, same behaviour in
>> LibreOffice 3.3.2 (split links only sometimes) but LibreOffice 3.4.4
>> makes this problem really apparent.
>>
>> Anybody seen this issue?

I repeated your procedure in 3.4.4 and I can confirm that. However,
the good news is that it is fixed in 3.5.0 Beta1

TBH Writer handles hyperlinks miserably (just search the Bug tracker
for hyperlinks to see)

Converting back and forth from a closed undocumented file format
doesn't help, obviously :)

Personally I would be more concerned that it is almost impossible to
select the text with an hyperlink, that Ctrl+Click does NOT open the
link, etc :)
(at least under Windows, probably better in other OSes)

--
Pedro