[Libreoffice-qa] Minutes - QA related - TSC call 2011-12-05

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Thu Dec 15 09:52:07 PST 2011

Hi Olav,

On Thu, 2011-12-15 at 17:30 +0100, Olav Dahlum wrote:
> Will the Bugzilla Assistant  allow reporting without a BugZilla account and
> actually be available from inside LibreOffice itself ?

	You'll need a bugzilla account - otherwise it's just a waste of
developer time - inevitably we come up against the need to know some
detail: what precise version of Java are you using (or whatever), and
without it all time invested in the bug so far is wasted. My only
pre-condition here would be ensuring that interaction works (your point
about openID is well made - but needs more dev work).

>  This is crucial for getting more people to report back. The current
> implementation might make the standard BugZilla interface a bit more
> friendly, but it's still a far cry from a fully automated and
> integrated service.

	Sure; we could adopt a survey and collate the results for those who
don't want to create an account I guess. Anything is possible there by
those able to do a bit of java-scripting :-)

	HTH,

		Michael.