[Libreoffice-qa] com.sun.star.container.XNameContainer.removeByName() fails v3.5b0+ (linux)

Tomas Hlavaty tomas.hlavaty at knowledgetools.de
Mon Dec 19 07:32:35 PST 2011

Hi all,

something has changed recently and it is not possible to remove sheets
via uno calls anymore.  It used to work with v3.4.4 but fails with
v3.5b0 and v3.5b1.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Create a new spreadsheet via uno

2) While trying to remove the second sheet
   com.sun.star.container.XNameContainer.removeByName("Sheet2") via uno
   fails (on an instance of com.sun.star.sheet.XSpreadsheets)

v3.5b0 at least indicates an exception:

   type: com.sun.star.uno:runtime-exception
message: C++ code threw St12out_of_range: vector::_M_range_check
context: NULL

v3.5b1 simply disconnects leaving me with a broken pipe.

I don't have an easy to run test case at the moment:-( Any pointers to a
simple existing code that does something similar and is easy to set up
so that I can modify it to document this bug with a running code?

What are the git tags for v3.4.4, v3.5b0 and v3.5b1?

Thank you,

Tomas