[Libreoffice-qa] Creating test cases for Litmus server

Yifan Jiang yfjiang at suse.com
Wed Nov 2 20:16:09 PDT 2011

Hi drew,

Sorry I forgot to ask if you will add a Regression test case or New Feature
test cases? For 3.4 New Feature test cases, we should put them in branch 3.4
Feature test.

To make it less confusing, let me clarify that we usually have 3 separate
branches available for populating test cases:

    * Master Function Regression Test

        General used testing branch for language neutral test cases.

    * Master L10N Regression Test

        General used testing testing branch containing language specific test
        cases.

    * $major_version_number(now 3.4) Feature Test

        For testing the important new features of each major version. That is
        to say normally each Feature test contains totally different cases for
        new features only.

That's all and hope they are easy to understand :) Let me know if confusing
comes with that. Since we were discussing about how to make the names more
explicit and accurate to describe their target category of testing, any
feedback are really helpful.

Best wishes,
Yifan