[Libreoffice-qa] Creating test cases for Litmus server

Sophie Gautier gautier.sophie at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 13:30:34 PDT 2011

Hi all,

Sorry to jump so late in the discussion

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 5:32 PM, Petr Mladek <pmladek at suse.cz> wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-11-02 at 14:32 +0800, Yifan Jiang wrote:
>> IMHO we may make the access more open at least with the problems resolved:
>>
>>     1. At the moment, the only user group can edit testcases is the
>>     Litmus Super Admin, which has an access to manage everything including
>>     other people's account. AFAIK, we had a particular Test run Admin group
>>     designed for test case editing but it didn't work properly currently :(
>>
>>     2. I am not quite sure if we have a backup/version control in
>>     Litmus, so it would be better to update/remove cases with cautious.
>
> Ah, are there any plans to solve this? We need to encourage people to
> write test cases but we also need to keep it safe.
>
> It would be great to coordinate also feature testing in Litmus. We need
> people that will add entries for new features. Such test cases could be
> easy. It might be enough to list the features and add few lines about
> what was tested. I wonder if this can be done with the limited access
> rights, though.

As you know Litmus was only a default choice because we didn't find
anything better that could fit our needs. There is a new tool
developed by the Mozilla Foundation, but it won't be available before
some time from what I know. However, Rimas and Yi Fan have managed to
make it more comfortable and it's what we use for now.
The best way for the moment, would be to add the tests on the wiki and
and admin to add them to Litmus. I know it's less easy and open than
we would like however.

Kind regards
Sophie