[Libreoffice-qa] Creating test cases for Litmus server

Yifan Jiang yfjiang at suse.com
Thu Nov 3 23:56:47 PDT 2011

Hello Rimas,

    Would you help share your ideas of the following point 1 and 2? Thanks!

Hello Petr,

    The feature branch has no difference with regresstion test branch, so if the
    Test Run Admin works as I expected, it will not be a problem.

    I think Sophie's comments of creating test cases in wiki could be a practical
    workaround before these were resolved, then admins help to update them to
    Litmus.

On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 05:32:03PM +0100, Petr Mladek wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-11-02 at 14:32 +0800, Yifan Jiang wrote:
> > IMHO we may make the access more open at least with the problems resolved:
> >
> >     1. At the moment, the only user group can edit testcases is the
> >     Litmus Super Admin, which has an access to manage everything including
> >     other people's account. AFAIK, we had a particular Test run Admin group
> >     designed for test case editing but it didn't work properly currently :(
> >
> >     2. I am not quite sure if we have a backup/version control in
> >     Litmus, so it would be better to update/remove cases with cautious.
>
> Ah, are there any plans to solve this? We need to encourage people to
> write test cases but we also need to keep it safe.

> It would be great to coordinate also feature testing in Litmus. We need
> people that will add entries for new features. Such test cases could be
> easy. It might be enough to list the features and add few lines about
> what was tested. I wonder if this can be done with the limited access
> rights, though.

Best wishes,
Yifan