[Libreoffice-qa] Creating test cases for Litmus server

Rimas Kudelis rq at akl.lt
Sat Nov 5 00:55:01 PDT 2011

Hi all and sorry for a bit late reply,

2011.11.04 08:56, Yifan Jiang rašė:
> On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 05:32:03PM +0100, Petr Mladek wrote:
>> On Wed, 2011-11-02 at 14:32 +0800, Yifan Jiang wrote:
>>> IMHO we may make the access more open at least with the problems resolved:
>>>
>>>     1. At the moment, the only user group can edit testcases is the
>>>     Litmus Super Admin, which has an access to manage everything including
>>>     other people's account. AFAIK, we had a particular Test run Admin group
>>>     designed for test case editing but it didn't work properly currently :(

Well, it's obvious that we need more groups than folks from Mozilla did.
I'm not sure though whether or not it's hard to implement (without
knowing Perl). I guess it shouldn't be. I can promise to look at it, but
I'm afraid I'm slowly drowning in my promises, and that's not good. So
I'll take a look at it, but no deadlines please. :)

>>>     2. I am not quite sure if we have a backup/version control in
>>>     Litmus, so it would be better to update/remove cases with cautious.

No, I don't think there's any internal backup or version control
mechanism in Litmus. However, the server admins have set up daily
backups of the machine Litmus runs on, and that includes databases, so
we do have external backups I think.

Rimas