[Libreoffice-qa] prob with dailybuild on Linux x86 ?

Olivier Hallot olivier.hallot at documentfoundation.org
Sun Nov 6 00:42:39 PDT 2011

Hello Cor

In a similar situation, under RPM package manager I had to do the
following to achieve what you want
1) define a new package database (to isolate our sandbox from serious
things)
2) intall in a new package place e.g. /home/me/libreoffice

perhaps you could try the following in dpkg

        --admindir=dir
               Change default administrative directory, which contains
many files that give information about status of  installed
               or uninstalled packages, etc.  (Defaults to /var/lib/dpkg)

        --instdir=dir
               Change  default installation directory which refers to
the directory where packages are to be installed. instdir is
               also the directory passed to chroot(2) before running
package's installation scripts, which means that the  scripts
               see instdir as a root directory.  (Defaults to /)

        --root=dir
               Changing root changes instdir to dir and admindir to
dir/var/lib/dpkg.

Regards

Olivier

--