[Libreoffice-qa] prob with dailybuild on Linux x86 ?

drew drew at baseanswers.com
Sun Nov 6 10:21:20 PST 2011

On Sun, 2011-11-06 at 08:14 +0100, Jean-Baptiste Faure wrote:
> Le 06/11/2011 08:03, Alexander Thurgood a écrit :
> > Hi all,
> >

> > Le 06/11/11 07:24, Jean-Baptiste Faure a écrit :
> >> In my case it was the post-install script of the FR dictionary which
> >> was blocking the uninstallation, and I fixed the problem by removing
> >> the content of this script and re-running the uninstallation command.
> >> After having succeeded to uninstall the daily build, I reinstalled it
> >> without any langpack, and it started without problem. Best regards. JBF
> >

> > Which means that there is a problem somewhere in the langpack itself or
> > the installation script, when it overwrites the en-US installation with
> > its own files ?
>
> Probably, but as I do not have a VM with a Linux, I don't want do tests
> myself on this problem and take the risk to definitively break my Linux
> and have to reinstall from scratch.

Well, I'll toss in my observations - which assuming I'm doing this
correctly might point more to a problem, if there is one, withing the
deb packages.

Using:
OpenSUSE for the OS.
Libo 3.5 (11-05 master build) EN_us pre-installed at /opt/lo-dev

download the fr language pack files from 11-05 and unpacked the .gz
file.

from the new RPMS directory run the command
sudo zypper in *.rpm

Start Libo, no problem
Change UI language from EN to FR
Restart Libo, no problem

Change the UI language back to EN and exit

Start Yast then Software Manager
Select the entry 'none' under repositories which holds all of the Libo
files including the newly added FR language pack files.
Remove the FR language pack file.

Restart Libo, no problem

//drew