[Libreoffice-qa] [Libreoffice] Language dependent testing coverage you are interested.

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Wed Nov 9 05:20:02 PST 2011

On 11/09/2011 11:30 AM, Yifan Jiang wrote:
> I was create more Language Dependent Testing Cases in our Litmus manual test
> cases management tool, and the items appended are some fields I ever
> concerned. Would you help share your ideas and the areas you are concerning
> which has a need of regression testing :) Thanks!

The following might be of interest here:  The configuration data
contains a few modules that are intended to be only included in
installation sets for specific locales.  The respective configuration
settings are apparently deemed correct and/or relevant only for those
locales.  (The way this is solved, those settings would of course take
effect in each locale in the given installation set, in case the
installation set supports multiple locales.)  But I'm not sure those are
prone for regressions, so have no idea whether it is worth to have
manual tests for them.

korea.xcd enables the AutoCorrect - ReplaceSingleQuote setting (which is
otherwise disabled by default).  This is apparently designed to be
enabled in a Korean locale.

ctl.xcd sets the .../I18N/CTL/CTLFont configuration property to
true---no idea what effect that is supposed to have.  Similarly
ctlseqcheck.xcd sets all the .../I18N/CTL/CTLSequenceChecking,
.../I18N/CTL/CTLSequenceCheckingRestricted, and
.../I18N/CTL/CTLSequenceCheckingTypeAndReplace configuration properties
to true.  These are apparently designed to be enabled in locales using
complex text layout.

Similarly, cjk.xcd sets various .../CJK configuration properties to true
(VerticalText, VerticalCallOut, Ruby, JapaneseFind, EmphasisMarks,
DoubleLines, CJKFont, ChangeCaseMap, and AsianTypography; I assume those
configuration properties control whether the corresponding settings are
made available in the UI for configuration under "Tools - Options...").
  It also sets to false the Writer-specific configuration property
.../AutoFunction/Completion/Enable (and again, I have no idea what
effect that is supposed to have).

Stephan