[Libreoffice-qa] Bug Triage Process Update

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Wed Nov 9 08:41:17 PST 2011

Cor Nouws píše v Út 08. 11. 2011 v 21:25 +0100:
> Rainer Bielefeld wrote (08-11-11 20:17)
> > Of course it's also interesting to see the latest activities, but of
> > course all bugs without review deserve attention
>
> When the idea is to make it extra attractive for people to look at bugs,
> it might be that mentioning a few days as time span is better (newer)
> than a few weeks, which is 'old' stuff.

I have chosen a compromise and updated the query to check two weeks.
People do not have time working every day. Some people prefer working
over the weekend, others during the week. So, one week would make sense
as well ;-)

> Would it make sense to include at the text for bug triage too, that
> looking for dups is recommended? Maybe for the people stepping in for
> the fist time?

I added it, see http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugTriage

It is an interesting tasks in itself, It might be pretty time consuming,
so I suggested some optimization. It might be useful to collect more
hints how to do this effectively.

Best Regards,
Petr