[Libreoffice-qa] [Libreoffice] removing testtool & it's ilk ...

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 17 11:44:27 PST 2011

Hi *,

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 8:31 PM, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at suse.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2011-11-17 at 12:18 -0500, August Sodora wrote:
>> Is it worth salvaging the tests? Sorry for being so pushy about this
>> topic but I would be super happy to have the basic module contain only
>> language-related functionality :)
>
>        Oh - I think the general consensus is that it is almost certainly not
> worth salvaging them; particularly since they run so confoundedly
> slowly, the failures are hard to turn into concrete error reports, and
> UI changes cause them to break anyway.

Just FYI - at apache someone rewrote testtool as a java component that
could be hooked up to junit

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-dev/201111.mbox/%3COF691F571D.57F97321-ON4825794A.0009600B-4825794A.000DDABD%40cn.ibm.com%3E
From	Zhe Liu <liu... at cn.ibm.com>
Subject	Anybody interested in TestTool? I wrote a Java lib to replace it.
Date	Wed, 16 Nov 2011 02:29:09 GMT

No idea whether that one would reuse the existing scripts or not
(doubt that there is a conversion for it).

ciao
Christian