[Libreoffice-qa] [Libreoffice] New Windows tinderbox: Windows 2008R2

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Nov 28 11:23:58 PST 2011

Hi Rainer,

On Mon, 2011-11-28 at 19:15 +0100, Rainer Bielefeld wrote:
> something I can't use; how can I create a parallel installation with
> "master~2011-11-28_12.06.44_libodev35.msi"? I do not know.

	Surely you can run it ? is it not possible to select a different
installation directory with it ? Presumably with msiexec we could even
script the install to some magic directory.

> What I need are reliable win builds 1 per day as we had on
> Windows_2008R2/, that can be used for 3.5 pre release tests in an
> effective way, and IMHO manpower should be concentrated on providing
> builds here.

	I believe we switched our packaging format from NSIS .exe's to the
new .msi installs that you see now. It'd be great to better understand
the problem with .msis - since this is our planned future exclusive
packaging format.

	Thanks,

		Michael.