[Libreoffice-qa] [ANNOUNCE] libreoffice-3.5.0.0 tag created (3.5.0-beta0)

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Tue Nov 29 11:57:14 PST 2011

Hi,

there have been created the libreoffice-3.5.0.0 tag for 3.5.0-beta0 release.
The corresponding official builds will be available by the end of the week.

The main purpose of this build is to make sure that we are able to
create usable builds, with release configuration, from master. The real
game will start the following week after the feature freeze.

Master is very living branch. I had troubles to build it today. So, I
based the tag on snapshot from yesterday, about 16:35UTC. It was the
point of last successful Windows build. In addition, I cherry picked
several nldsolver-related fixes. At least one of them was necessary for
building with more localizations.

I have successfully built it on Linux-x86_64. Though, you might need
some extra fixes on other platforms or Linux systems. We will get more
stable code base after the feature freeze. I hope that beta2 will be
buildable almost everywhere out of box (if you commit the fix ;-)

The list of changes against 3.4.0-beta1 (branch point for 3.5) is quite
large. You might get it at
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/pre-releases/src/bugfixes-master-release-3.5.0.0.log
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/pre-releases/src/commit-log-master-release-3.5.0.0.log

See also the schedule at http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleasePlan#3.5_release
and release criteria at http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Release_Criteria

Now, if you want to switch your clone to the tag, please do:

./g fetch --tags
./g checkout -b tag-libreoffice-3.5.0.0 libreoffice-3.5.0.0

Best Regards,
Petr