[Libreoffice-qa] automated testing of Base

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Thu Oct 6 01:31:50 PDT 2011

Hi Drew,

On Thu, 2011-10-06 at 00:57 -0400, drew wrote:
> > well, kind of - there is a number of features that do not work with ODBC
> > - so I'm just curious what the reason for using SQLite and ODBC would be
> > for a test bed?

	So - the ideal test code that we have in the build is small, fairly
self-contained, builds on all platforms and is fast to execute - so we
can run it every build cycle. That militates against anything using
Java, and hsqldb in particular. Sqlite OTOH is my preferred replacement
for hsqldb, and getting it building and being used in the tree would be
a great start IMHO.

> *smile*...maybe I should rephrase that - what could I do to help
> generate some of the tests?

	Heh - so working with Terry & Bernhard to get some VM's setup for
openQA would be a great idea I think; hopefully it's scaleable.

	HTH,

		Michael.