[Libreoffice-qa] [libreoffice-website] Proposal for a little change on http://www.libreoffice.org/get-involved/qa-testers/

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Sun Oct 23 03:47:10 PDT 2011

Stefan Weigel wrote:
> we do have a page for developers
> (http://www.libreoffice.org/get-involved/developers/) and another
> page for QA people
> (http://www.libreoffice.org/get-involved/qa-testers/).
>
> On both the reader is invited to join the developers mailing list
> (http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice).
>
> My suggestion is, from the QA page to point to the QA list
> (http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice-qa)
> rather than the developers list.

Hi Stefan,

hmm - one of the early ideas was to not create too much of a
division between QA and development - and thusly the qa list was
intended to be more of an auxiliary place, for making announcements
etc.

Many important information will still only be discussed on the dev
list, so in my mind, it makes sense to have people subscribed there.

At any rate, Cc-ing the QA list - deciding on this should be left to
those doing QA work.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten