[Libreoffice-qa] NEEDINFO Status and Keyword

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Mon Oct 24 01:41:16 PDT 2011

Hi Rainer,

On 2011-10-24 at 07:10 +0200, Rainer Bielefeld wrote:

> I left some notes concerning use of "NEEDINFO Status" and "NEEDINFO
> Keyword" on
> <http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA-FAQ#How_to_use_Status_NEEDINFO>.
>
> If you believe that discussion is required we should do that on
> <libreoffice-qa at lists.freedesktop.org>.

Interesting - it is great that we have the statuse NEEDINFO there now;
unfortunately it is missing 2nd piece, and that is marking who is
supposed to be the provider of the information.

But even though, the NEEDINFO status is very helpful, and in my opinion
more convenient than the Keyword NEEDINFO from 2 reasons:

- you do not have to know about the keyword to set the status, because
the UI for that is more convenient than typing the keyword

- and resetting it back to NEW / RESOLVED is easier too; I am afraid in
many cases the reporters forget to reset the keyword after having
provided the information

So I'd be in favor of dropping the use of the keyword NEEDINFO, and
using the NEEDINFO status instead.

All the best,
Kendy