[Libreoffice-qa] Bugzilla Report Submission Assistant

Loic Dachary loic at dachary.org
Thu Sep 1 05:52:52 PDT 2011

On 08/31/2011 03:36 PM, Rainer Bielefeld wrote:
> Loic Dachary schrieb:
>
>> If you just enclose the relevant text in the template with <div
>> class="comment">bla bla</div> (which is mediawiki compatible and
>> invisible) it's all I need.
>
> Hi Loic, hi all,
>
> for a test I created
>
> <http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Template:BugzAssHlp_Chart>
> as Assistant Component Help text

I see you added
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugzAssHlp_Chart_long as well.
> and
> <http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugzAssHlp_Chart_long>
> For the "Read more link".
Ok.

> I would start all further Help page names with "Template:BugzAssHlp_" and all referring elaborated help text pages with "BugzAssHlp_".
>
> I wonder whether all use of the short texts in Wikipeda might need a "read more" link, so that we might integrate it? But if, I would do that outside "Span".
>
> Maybe someone with "extended Wiki skills" can contribute some ideas, before we freeze this help text issue to do the next step in the frontend?
>
> For use in Assistant frontend my recommendation:
> Suppress the character button links for Info and bug report.
> Leave the link you find in the Subcomponents, opening a new Window with the Bugzilla search; and Tooltipp as you see on BugReport_Details.

Could you please add a class allowing the scripts to identify the elements you refer to ?

For instance you could add class="BugzAssHlp_ignore" in the <a> elements that you don't want to see copied in the bug assistant page. Instead of
<a target="_blank" rel="nofollow" class="external text" href="https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&amp;component=Chart&amp;product=LibreOffice&amp;short_desc=FORMATTING&amp;short_desc_type=allwordssubstr">FORMATTING</a>
in
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Template:BugzAssHlp_Chart
it would be
<a target="_blank" rel="nofollow" class="external text BugzAssHlp_ignore" href="https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&amp;component=Chart&amp;product=LibreOffice&amp;short_desc=FORMATTING&amp;short_desc_type=allwordssubstr">FORMATTING</a>

If you have no easy way to add a class at this level, you could surround it with a span or div such as :
<a target="_blank" rel="nofollow" class="external text BugzAssHlp_ignore" href="https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&amp;component=Chart&amp;product=LibreOffice&amp;short_desc=FORMATTING&amp;short_desc_type=allwordssubstr">FORMATTING</a>

> Is it trivial to extract the applicable subcomponents for the component from the help text or will we need an additional trick?

I'm not sure what you mean by that. If the question is : can a script parse ttp://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Template:BugzAssHlp_Chart to find the subcomponents of Chart ? The answer is yes. If the question is something else, I would be gratefull if you could elaborate. Sorry for being thick :-)

Cheers