[Libreoffice-qa] Bug submission assistant : status report

Loic Dachary loic at dachary.org
Tue Sep 13 14:31:14 PDT 2011

Hi,

The attachment of a screenshot was added as the last step of the bug submission, because bugzilla will only allow to upload an attachment after the bug is created. The corresponding screenshot was added to the list available to the web designers:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Bug_Submission_Assistant_-_ToDo#Step_6
and is also installed at https://bugassistant.libreoffice.org/libreoffice/bug/bug.html
It works by submitting the attachment in the background and then displaying it in the same page. I believe this resolves the last tricky technical aspect of the bug submission assistant.

The codebase was commited to http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/website/ as suggested by Michael Meeks ( changeset http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/website/commit/?id=8f2e8e7dc5334edfea6a7d23f5b901f286fda6d4 ). This repository was cloned and the bug assistant installed from it as documented at http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Bug_Submission_Assistant#System_adminstration

Tomorrow I will remove the hard coded strings from the current draft implementation and propose a place to move them into http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport_Details . I hope to show some progress on the web design front. I've seen a mockup but it's too early to use.

Cheers