[Libreoffice-qa] 3.5.1 Online Update testing

Pedro Lino pedlino at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 00:35:09 PDT 2012

Good morning Kendy, all

I am terribly sorry, I messed the description of the test; I wanted to
> ask you to install 3.5.2 RC1 (3.5.2.1), and wrote 3.5.1 RC1 instead :-(
> Can you please try with 3.5.2 RC1?  That should offer you an update to
> the 3.5.2 RC2 (and point to the pre-release download site).

I can confirm that it is working correctly.

"LibreOffice 3.5.2 RC2 is available.

The installed version is LibreOffice 3.5.2."

> The behavior you are seeing is correct, the update offers you to update
> 3.5.1 RC1 to the 3.5.1 Final (which equals to RC2 bit-by-bit).

That is correct as well.

The problem are still the messages... The server messages are confusing
simply because the installed version does not mention the installed RC.

Why doesn't it simply report that the installed version is 3.5.2.1 and that
the available version is 3.5.2.2? If for some reason you can't get it to
work the RC version at least use the numbering information which already
makes sense.

Regards,
Pedro