[Libreoffice-qa] [CFT] Windows native file/folder picker (fop/fps)

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 10:59:01 PDT 2012

Hi Christian, all

Christian Lohmaier-2 wrote

> Nor sure whether it is still an issue, but Windows users often had the
> problem of not being able to safely remove a thumb/usb drive after
> having opened (and closed of course) file from there.
> IIRC it was because windows always flagged the last used folder as "in
> use", the workaround was to open a file from the regular disk.
>
> So one of the things to test...

Yes. I can confirm that after closing the document the device is locked by
swriter.exe and soffice.exe (after opening an odt file). However opening and
closing a document from HDD does not solve the problem. The only solution is
to close LO.

However this is not a LibreOffice bug. The same happens with any other
program (e.g. MS Word) if the user opens a document from the thumb drive
(i.e. the program associated with a given document type is launched by
executing a document on a removable media).
If the user opens the program (LO Writer, MS Word) and then uses the open
dialog to open the document, when the document is closed the thumb drive is
unlocked.

HTH,
Pedro