[Libreoffice-qa] Testing Linux

Rainer Bielefeld LibreOffice at bielefeldundbuss.de
Mon Apr 9 22:08:46 PDT 2012

Florian Reisinger schrieb:

Hi,

I downloaded the zip from
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/libo-qa-builds/files/LibreOffice%20QA%20Builds/>,
but to be honest, I do not know what to do with it. Is it something
similar to the "Portable Builds" I know from WIN? A short manual will be
required on the download page, the current 1 sentence is too few.

The following text only is an example, I can't tell whether it's true

What's this stuff?
-----------------
This is a QA testing builds made for DEB based x86-64 Linux systems like
Ubuntu. You can use it in parallel to your normal LibreOffice
installation for testing or if your current version does not support a
feature you need ant what was available in that older version.

Installation
------------
No installation is required. Just download and extract the file to an
arbitrary directory.

Preparations
------------
No preparations are required. The test build will use your normal
settings from your User Profile (normally you find it under
".....\.....\????????"), added Macros, user specific styles, self
created toolbars, recent documents list will be available for the test
build.
If you do not want to use your normal User Profile you have bot modify
file "....\.....\????????" like follwoing: replace line
"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" by "yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy"

How to use
----------
Start the text build with a double click on file "....\....\?????" and
start testing!

You should know
Not available will be some things you added to your normal LbreOffice build:
- themes
- icons
- document templates

If you want to run the test build in parallel you it must use a
different User Profile, see "Preparations"

Known Problems