[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of ESC call ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Apr 23 01:59:51 PDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-04-20 at 17:54 +0200, Tommy wrote:
> > 	+ LibO 4.0
> > 		+ planned to be incrementally developed / migrated anyway
> > 		+ postpone until license change done (Bjoern)
> > 		+ concerns about breaking all extensions at once (Norbert)
> > 		+ better to do incremental improvement ?
> > 		+ how much will we get done for this anyway ?
> > 		+ consider longer support cycle for LibO 3.6.x etc.
> > 			+ discuss late.
>
> what do you mean with "incrementally developed" ?

	As a contrast to a 'big bang' change, whereby we have a 'make or break'
type event, with some broken state of master for months, and the
potential for endless slippage :-)

	Instead, we want to do a large number of small, incremental changes
each of which is complete, safe, and leaves the product in a broadly
ship-able state (modulo minor regressions we can catch in the normal
way).

	So - essentially, just our normal development flow, but changing the
things we've not been able to change in the past :-)

	HTH,

		Michael.