[Libreoffice-qa] Office XP/2003, 2007/2010 formats import/export -- most used feature.

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Apr 25 05:49:10 PDT 2012

Hi Michael,

On Wed, 2012-04-25 at 14:37 +0200, Michael Stahl wrote:
> i'd prefer something more specific like "office-interop" "msft-interop"
> "mso-interop" or whatever because there are other things we need to
> interop with as well even if they may be less important :)

	Sounds reasonable; someone needs to just decide & do it though.

> btw, we seem to have a bit of a lack of components, e.g. no "framework"
> or "vcl" or "gsl" or anything like that, but for some reason "PDF
> export" is important enough to merit its own component?

	Bugzilla is pretty horrible for users at the moment anyway wrt.
component selection; 'framework' or 'gsl' is pretty meaningless to a
mere mortal AFAICS.

	There is also the slight danger of pushing people into a box marked
'vcl' and shutting the door ;-) Presumably the categorisations are
mostly useful where there is more than one person working in a given
area; so - how about some vague 'GUI' piece (we have that already) or
'Platform' pieces to try to avoid atomising those (?) either way - a
concrete proposal would be good - can you build one ?

	ATB,

		Michael.