[Libreoffice-qa] Bug Triage best practice: Change or not change assignee?

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Thu Apr 26 02:28:04 PDT 2012

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 10:34:56AM +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:
> > BTW: There was wrongly described Novell bugzilla. In fact, it has the
> > best solution, I have ever seen, for this particular problem. It has
> > heavily modified the interface. If you set the state NEEDEINFO, it shows
> > inputbox where you are forced to enter name of the infoprovider. The bug
> > remains assigned to the same person as it was before, so the info
> > provider does not need to think whom to assign the bug back. She just
> > removes the NEEDEINFO state by pressing a checkbox. So, the right
> > handling is intuitive, friendly and enforced.
>
> 	I'd love to push this to the list of work we want done on freedesktop
> bugzilla :-) hopefully someone (Bjoern?) was building a list of tasks
> we'd like to contract there - openID, and this and ... ?

Lets not jump the gun here and make that a task after discussing it on the ESC
as that might tweak stuff a bit. And no, I have no mythical hidden list of QA
tasks, what we had so far is in the open at:

 https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Easy_Hacks

(not all of it should/could be contracted, but we can easily select from those
as the list is still rather short)
Apropos short: Adding something to that list is easy: create a bug with
"EasyHack TopicQA" in whiteboard ;)

Best,

Bjoern