[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of ESC call ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Aug 6 04:18:33 PDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-08-06 at 10:49 +0200, Rainer Bielefeld wrote:
> There simply is a lot of ignorance  and misunderstanding on
> <discuss at de.libreoffice.org>, it seems they believe all developers are
> sitting around bored and need some pushing of German users so that they
> start working.

	Actually - that's almost right :-) only the timing is wrong. The
important thing is to stop developers who created a new bug from moving
on to creating another one, first fixing the one they just made ;-)

	If people find regression bugs on master, or in a Beta1 - then they do
need to shout about them & get them prioritised etc. We encourage that -
that's the QA process :-)

	If they file their 'blocker' bug that has been there for months in
master, and more months post Beta1 against. rc3 or rc4 - it is not
credible that they think the issue will be fixed for final :-)

	So - please do encourage people who want to have bugs fixed and no new
regressions to get stuck into the QA effort. If these guys run master
snapshots, they can really help find and fix base (or any other) bugs at
a time when it is cheap to fix them, build good relationships with the
developers etc. :-)

	At least that'd be my encouragement :-)

	Thanks for your intervention !

		Michael.