[Libreoffice-qa] Moztrap, some questions

Sophie Gautier gautier.sophie at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 09:27:59 PDT 2012

On 15/08/2012 17:31, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 04:29:10PM +0200, Sophie Gautier wrote:
>> it's not necessary, the people from the team who reports a
>> misbehavior is aware of the difference between EN and his language.
>> This is one of the first thing you check when you are testing a
>> local environment, you've got it in both language every time.
>
> Thats a rather dangerous assumption as it severely raises the barrier to entry.
> Documenting such differences by having texts that say slightly different things
> in different languages is a horrible idea.

Beside the facts that we worked that way for years, if you don't trust
the people managing the tests and the team, Litmus/Moztrap is useless,
as they will be the only persons able to understand the test results
(and the remarks of testers) and compare them to BZ anyway. There is a
process and an organization where the tool is only a database for us
(but without it we can't do anything unfortunately).
Kind regards
Sophie