[Libreoffice-qa] Adding "Accessibility" component to Bug Assistant

Rainer Bielefeld LibreOffice at bielefeldundbuss.de
Sun Aug 19 01:29:49 PDT 2012

Roman Eisele schrieb:
> Am 18.08.12 03:57, schrieb Marc Paré:
>> Would it make sense to add "Accessibility" as another component to the
>> Bug Assistant? Maybe this would encourage people to submit more
>> accessibility bugs? Not to mention that the component would show at the
>> very first steps of reporting, which may help people find it more easily
>> if they are reporting with the use of a reader?
>
> IMHO we should not have too many components, because this will make it
> more difficult (instead of easier) to find the matching one, but I
> second this proposal. Free and open software should be open for as many
> people as possible, so accessibility is a very important feature for a
> FLOSS office suite like LibreOffice, and therefore it may be helpful to
> have a special component for issues related to accessibility. At least
> the special component will remind us all everyday about the importance
> of considering accessibility everywhere ;-).
>
> Just my 2 cents ;-)

Hello,

I agree with Roman, but it might be a problem for a disabled user do
have to search BSA until he finds ACCESSIBILITY at UI?

One way would be to add it as Sub Component to all relevant Components,
or of course, adding a component.

May be we can get advice from accessibility at global.libreoffice.org?

Best regards

Rainer