[Libreoffice-qa] Proposed HARDHACK

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Thu Aug 30 01:53:17 PDT 2012

Hi Joel,

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 06:36:40PM -0700, Joel Madero wrote:
> We should come up with a better method of tracking vs. each of us
> making our own list. If everyone wants, they can email me and I will
> keep a combined list that we can discuss during our conference call.
> You can just email me directly "Proposed HARDHACK", I will update
> the list and 2-3 days before our meeting I'll get the document up
> for everyone to see. Sooner or later a voting method would be nice
> :) Let me know what you all think

while that would work, I wonder about avoiding the duplication. In a way, all
MABs are "Proposed HARDHACK"s. If there are ~100 MAB selecting 5 out of that
should be reasonably doable, just by highlighting the MAB here on the list.
_If_ we want to have another, smaller subset of candidates than MAB, we could
just ad-hoc tag them with ProposedHardHacks.

I fear though, that that will just end up with every MAB becoming a
ProposedHardHack quickly.

Since we recently started to consider going for real after bug priotization,
how about starting with the MABs and making sure this table:

 https://bugs.freedesktop.org/report.cgi?x_axis_field=bug_severity&y_axis_field=priority&z_axis_field=&query_format=report-table&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&product=LibreOffice&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=PLEASETEST&longdesc_type=allwordssubstr&longdesc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&status_whiteboard=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=&bug_id=&bug_id_type=anyexact&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailtype2=substring&email2=&emailtype3=substring&email3=&chfieldvalue=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&field0-0-0=blocked&type0-0-0=anywordssubstr&value0-0-0=44446&format=table&action=wrap

is a good base for selecting the hardhacks?

Best,

Bjoern