[Libreoffice-qa] RC3 released as Final version???

Andras Timar timar74 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 04:07:33 PST 2012

Hi,

2012/2/15 Petr Mladek <pmladek at suse.cz>:
> 4. Always omit the human readable "rcX" and distinguish the builds
>   another way, .e.g. by the tag number 3.x.y.z.
>
>   Will this be enough for QA people?
>

> 5. Wait if real users complain.
>
>   Olav says, that they already complain?
>

> I prefer the 4th solution if the 5th one is not acceptable for you.

I prefer 4th, too. I think that in About box only end user information
should be shown. For QA people I started to hack a page, which is like
about:buildconfig in Firefox, it will have much more detail, including
configure options, compiler version, etc. I will continue to work on
that feature when I find some time.

In regards of  "real users", in Hungarian forums I have already read
complains. :( People just cannot understand that rc3=final.

Cheers,
Andras