[Libreoffice-qa] How to reopen Bug reports

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Wed Feb 29 05:38:36 PST 2012

On Wed, 2012-02-29 at 13:57 +0100, Rainer Bielefeld wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I added some comments what should be mentioned before reopening a bug
> report on
> <https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport_Details#How_to_reopen_Bugs>
> (and
> <https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA-FAQ#How_to_reopen_a_bug>)
>
> Please feel free to complete my hints.

Yeah, basically don't reopen bugs :-) unless its worksforme or some
other "I couldn't reproduce this" state and you've figured out a
sure-fire way to reproduce it.

e.g. people ran around reopening 5 or 6 month old "recently-used
document list missing" bugs because there was a new bug with a flaw in
migrating settings from old profiles to new profiles which looked like
the old still-fixed bug.

On the face of it they looked like similar things, but there were
utterly different under-the-hood so its confuses things. No great
hardship in having a few additional bugs, when in doubt, and letting
them be combined together as duplicates after some analysis.

C.