[Libreoffice-qa] 3.5.0 QA ... from BHS 1 to BHS 2

Nino Novak nn.libo at kflog.org
Mon Jan 9 07:20:10 PST 2012

Hi Cor,

Am Sonntag, 8. Januar 2012, 22:52:22 schrieb Cor Nouws:

> Other hits/remarks of course appreciated as well :-)

Just some gut feelings from an occasional tester.

First, somehow I'd personally like to have a longer period for Release related
QA activities/events, at least a one-week period after each beta or RC
release. (Even better 2-weeks, though this might rise distraction.)

Second, for me it seems rather important to (better? strongly?) communicate
the QA efforts as a genuine community task.

Third, I'd like to have those so called Mentors prominently around, so that
people can address them any time, not only during particular QA
events/periods.

Fourth, which is more an open question, how the success of Release QA could be
monitored intelligently. My (naive) wish would be to have usage numbers, let's
say
- how often a Release has been launched on which OS platform without failure
- how often which module has been started
- how many documents have been created/edited/viewed successfully
- which particular functions have been called how often successfully

I know, this might be a bit difficult to implement, but however - that's what
came to my mind :-)

Nino