[Libreoffice-qa] Minutes - QA related - TSC call 2012-01-12

Rainer Bielefeld LibreOffice at bielefeldundbuss.de
Thu Jan 12 10:17:44 PST 2012

Pedro schrieb:

Hello Pedro,

> Took the liberty of fixing the date and some typos ;)

THX!

> What do you mean OOo has a 3.4 Beta? Are you referring to the old Beta
> released in April 2011?

Yes, of course, I can't imagine why it seemed new to me. Have to wipe my
glasses again.

> ... worry about is why they switched and if there is something TDF
> can do about it...

Yes, of course! My intention was to check whether there is an upcoming
problem, and currently I don not see any.

> I'm still worried about possible regressions from 3.3.x to 3.4.x...

Me to. My statistics "Situation for 3.4" from the Minutes page (TSC call
2011-12-15 Regressions, I again did the queries and did not see real
progress) still are not encouraging, although the reaction visible on
<http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Most_Annoying_Regressions> were very
few. Limitations because of regressions do exist, and I still have to
use OOo 3.1.1(!) for some printing tasks, and A particular
masterversions for E-Mail mailmerge, ... . I agree, an automatic update
might be horrible for some users.

CU

Rainer