[Libreoffice-qa] [Libreoffice] [ANN] LibreOffice 3.5.0 Beta3 available

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Tue Jan 17 09:51:39 PST 2012

Thanks for your answers Miklos and Christian,

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 02:02:09PM +0100, Christian Lohmaier wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 10:50 AM, Francois Tigeot <ftigeot at wolfpond.org> wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 12:49:50PM +0100, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
> >> [...]
> >>   http://www.libreoffice.org/download/pre-releases/
> >
> > The pre-release page only lists binaries; would it be possible to add links
> > to the source code tarballs for people wanting to build LO themselves ?
>
> Well - people who want to build LO themselves (and don't happen to be
> distro-packages with a policy that requires to build from tarballs as
> opposed from checking out a repository) should generally checkout LO
> from git - this is easier than to fiddle with the individual tarballs.

I was just wondering why the links were not present (I knew the urls); I
guess I have my answer now: tarball use is discouraged.

> > As far as I know, the tree has not been tagged so the only way to get the
> > exact same sources used to create theses binaries is to download a complete
> > archive.
>
> No - every released build is from a (signed) tag. Only the
> dailies/nightlies are not from a tag (obviously)
>
> See e.g. http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tag/?id=libreoffice-3.4.99.3

I stand corrected.
Howewer, this tag doesn't appear in my freshly updated copy of the core
repository. How come ?

--
Francois Tigeot