[Libreoffice-qa] [Libreoffice] weird shortcut key for repeat action in Writer

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Jan 23 02:05:19 PST 2012

On Mon, 2012-01-23 at 10:25 +0100, Cedric Bosdonnat wrote:
> That one is a bug. The keycode com::sun::star::awt::Key::REPEAT is
> assigned to that menu entry... and it ends up being translated with the
> Sun keyboard key (see that file [0]).

	Ho hum; nasty :-)

> That brings several questions to me: how comes the translation of the
> key names is depending on the keyboard model? I have a normal french
> keyboard with en-US locale and en-US libreoffice build.

	Well - I guess the -idea- is prolly to try to show the user the key
that is written on their keyboard, rather than a generic 'Ctrl' for
Control - it can show 'Control' (if that is what is written there) or
somesuch.

	IMHO that leads to excessive ugliness and a ton of code in there that
(AFAICS) works well only for obscure unix'es.

	But, of course, some keyboards really do have oddly named keys that we
want to assign shortcuts to so ...

	I was pondering what to do with the code the other day; if it is not
even working for the common cases .... ;-)

	ATB,

		Michael.