[Libreoffice-qa] Minutes - QA related - TSC call 2012-01-26

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Jan 30 03:13:34 PST 2012

On Sat, 2012-01-28 at 19:00 +0100, Rainer Bielefeld wrote:
> But the positive fact is that acceptance to see regression bugs as "Most
> Annoying Ones" by definition is growing.

	Absolutely; so - one of our issues is bad visibility & communication
between QA and developers; getting the regressions query in front of
more people would be good: [ a nice, short, easy to paste, minute and
re-find stored query for that would be great ;-) ]. Another thing that
developers respond well to is metrics - and frequent reminders :-)

	ie. if we have a list of regression bugs that are live in 3.5 and that
we can easily put in front of devs weekly (or so) at the TSC meeting,
that is great. If we have a beautiful breakdown by component - as it
were to increase internal competition / focus to be the most-bug-free -
that can also help :-)

	Of course, it is work to generate such statistics; but it also helps us
devs to allocate and prioritise our resources right.

	HTH,

		Michael.