[Libreoffice-qa] Minutes - QA related - TSC call 2012-01-26

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 04:08:10 PST 2012

Rainer Bielefeld-2 wrote

> It's really annoying that we have so many WIN build problems what
> hinders to find regressions early.

That is because there are fewer developers using the Windows platform and
there are absurdly very few people in QA (and only a fraction on Windows).

Initially I found it shocking that in a project (allegedly) used by "25
million users worldwide" only half a dozen cared to join QA.

But then I realize that QA is extremely intensive (and frustrating at this
rate of release). The other problem is: Developers (e.g. Michael) is paid by
his company to develop for LO. Which company pays for LO's QA?

I'm not pinching for a job. Just stating my frustrations with the
community's lack of vision about QA (which is still by far more important,
efficient and user friendly than OOo's QA ever was:) )

Hi can only praise Rainer's and Cor's work in this department! Kudos to you
guys!

Regards,
Pedro