[Libreoffice-qa] preparing QA talk for FOSDEM

Yifan Jiang yfjiang at suse.com
Tue Jan 31 18:01:17 PST 2012

Hi Nino,

Thanks for the thoughts about quality. For those who use Libreoffice quite
frequently, practical general usage of software is pretty valuable to find
issues thus improve quality, even not that surprisingly, it some time reveals
bugs we never found in testing "lab" :)

I believe the regression testing we are doing quite fits what you care about.

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Testing/Regression_Tests

Especially for the mentioned Litmus. It is also a nice place to start to take
part in "monitoring bug-free usage":

    - Improve cases to share your opinion of daily usage, by improving
    existing tests, adding new cases or translating the cases to your own
    native language version.

    - Run test cases for each release in beta and rc place, mark it as
    pass/fail, accordingly report bugs.

    - And I believe some of the high priority test cases could be proper
    reference when you want to try daily/master build before any
    announcement.

Do not hesitate to let us know when you have troubles to handle anything.
Thank you!

Best wishes,
Yifan