[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of ESC call ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Tue Jul 3 02:16:24 PDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-07-02 at 18:35 +0200, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 09:56:32AM +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:
> > * CXX0X-ABI incompatibility can of worms (Bjoern)
> > 	+ gcc 4.7 - cxx0x extension is binary incompatible
> > 		+ incompatible stdlib symbols that bust
> > 		+ http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2012-06/msg00201.html
> > 		+ luck that it worked until now: it was compatible.
> > AA:		+ should disable in our builds by default (Bjoern)
>
> The linked thread suggests that this is a bug / not intended to have
> gone in GCC 4.7, and that the "right thing" that will be done is bump
> the soname?

	Well yes, the thread on the gcc list, after initially running into the
ground, seems to continue in a more encouraging direction yesterday /
today - focused on reverting the ABI breakage - I believe Ubuntu did
this already in their gcc ;-) That's my preferred solution too I
think :-)

	Thanks,

		Michael.